Statement of Faith
As part of the Family of God (brothers and sisters in Christ) we want everyone who comes to our
meetings to know and understand our basic beliefs and have confidence that what we say here is how we live our lives.
The following is our Statement of Faith for “Catch the Fire Family Church”
All scriptures are taken from the Modern English Version of the Holy Bible
1. We believe in one God – Father, Son and Holy Spirit, Creator of all things. (Matthew 3:15-17)
2. We believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, crucified, died, was buried, resurrected, and ascended into heaven, and is now seated at the right hand of God the Father and is true God and true man. (John 1:14, Luke 1:30 35, Matthew 27:26, Mark/15:37, Matthew 27:57-60, Matthew 28:5-6, Acts 9:11)
3. We believe the Bible in its entirety to be the inspired Word of God and the infallible rule of faith and conduct. (2 Timothy 3:16)
4. We believe in the resurrection of the dead, the eternal happiness of the saved and the eternal punishment of the lost. (2 Timothy 4:18, Revelation 20:15)
5. We believe in personal salvation of believers through the shed blood of Jesus Christ. (John 3:3,5,7. John 14:6)
6. We believe in Holiness through the Word of God and by the Holy Spirit, and we believe in personal, purity of heart, mind and life. (John 17:17)
7. We believe in divine healing, through faith in the Name of Jesus Christ, and that healing is included in the plan of redemption. (Isaiah 53:3-5, 1 Peter 2:24)
8. We believe in water baptism, and the Baptism of the Holy Spirit as distinct from the new birth. We believe in speaking with tongues as the Spirit of God gives us the ability. We believe in the gifts of the Spirit and the evidence of the fruit of the Spirit. We believe that all of these are available to all believers. (Matthew 3:11, Acts 2:4, 1 Corinthians 12:8-10, Galatians 5:22-23)
9. We believe in the Christian’s hope – the soon coming, personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ. (Matthew 24:38-42)
10. We believe in evangelism and missionary work in accordance with the Christian commission (Matthew 28:19 Mark 16:15).